Wrote this up to prepare for the test. Fun fun fun.
So I was bored today and felt like porting one of my old VB apps to C#. This is the result. It actually correctly detects the most recent file now, and has a bunch of structural improvements. For instance, it now includes a 100% reusable WEI editor class which means you can incorporate it into your own applications. The main form’s code is actually really simple, and most of it is actually showing MsgBoxes and setting values, no logic is required other than for handling exceptions.
Also supports Windows 8, but has not been tested, since clearly nobody uses Win8. I also have no Vista computers to test it on anymore, since I upgraded my mom’s laptop to Win7. Oh well.
http://www40.zippyshare.com/v/31911714/file.html (source code included)
Okay, lemee start this off with the reason I watch MLP.
1. Because the ponies are cute. Their design is awesome, and, of course, sexii Twilight <3~
2. Because it was new but old at the same time. It carried on the MLP series while giving it an entirely new “feel”. By that, I mean it made it not suck.
3. Because it had a reasonable, sensible plot. Stuff made sense, ignoring the fact that they’re talking magical horses. (with horns and/or wings, but in mythology unicorns and pegasi do exist; take that!)
OK, now let’s see about this “Equestria Girls” thing. Now note, I’m not bashing it, because I haven’t watched it, but the whole reason I watched FiM was because it seemed interesting and looked cute before I watched it. But this..?
1. Holy crap that is ugly character design. Their heads look like inflated balloons. And weirdly colored skin, really? They’re humanized ponies, yes, but that is like the worst humanized art I’ve ever seen. I know, it has to be animated, bla bla bla, but that’s no excuse for crappy character design.
2. How the shit did they manage to get this inter-dimensional portal thingy that brings ponies to earth or wherever this place is where people with purple skin color is normal? Did Pinkie Pie make it? And how does Twilight just manage to somehow meet people who are more or less exact copies of their pony selves, but also humanized? Probability of this happening in any logical space? -1. Wait, we are talking about our universe, right?
3. No I don’t want to cum in Rainbow Dash, out of all the characters, I think her art is the absolute worst. Maybe it’s because of the blue skin, maybe it’s because her mane/hair/whatever looks ugly now, I don’t know. All I can say is that she is… blah at best.
All that said, I know what will get me to watch this. a) The majority of people who watch it say that it’s good, b) I’m bored out of my skull (like for Dan Vs.), or c) If it has some guy/girl who is obsessed with ponies (brony in ponies, who would have thought?)
So, all in all. Overall first impressions: Blah, who was doing drugs and was reading humanized pony fanfics at the same time? Please don’t let this become hugest movie flop of the year, Hasbro. I mean, look at the trailer, 30% of the viewers thumbed it down already, and most pony videos have like only 5% downvotes. That’s pretty significant, in my opinion.
Finally made ball-ball collisions not run at 0fps.
Still don’t know about non-circular objects, but at least I got this down!
Note that they don’t bounce or anything yet. And this is not going to be an actual game, it’s just there to test the features of my (so-called) XnaGameMaker framework.
SpriteCreator: no idea what to do next, so won’t do anything until I have the incentive to
XnaGameMaker framework: collisions are seriously screwed up hard, trying to implement a lag-free collision system atm but it’s not really easy…
MyLittleSideScroller: on indefinite hiatus until I have a reason to finish it (and when someone makes a flying alicorn Twilight pixel art gif)
MO2L#: maybe I’ll try this again when I fix up that XnaGameMaker framework, so I can actually see how awesome (or crappy) it is
Also, PROJECTS EVERYWHERE >:(
English, Math, Economics, Chemistry (in the future)
WHYYY GOD?! WHYYY?
How to improve your story
Myes. Every story needs 20% more lesbians.
Going to the hospital to get my
balls head part of my head cut off again.
That shit hurts more than getting punched in the balls, ffs.
And I have plenty of experience getting punched in the balls (thanks, 7th grade), so…. yeah.
Oh god, the horror.
Oh another hand, here’s a troll Android password:
Bottom left -> top middle -> bottom right -> middle left -> top right -> bottom middle -> top left -> middle right -> center
If you don’t have visible password enabled, you’re going to have a hell of a time unlocking that phone…. :p